SMLR Group Defensible Position and Compliance
Consider for a moment if the security culture of your organization is a strength or a weakness. What steps are you taking to verify the security of confidential employee, customer, or client data? What are you doing to comply with state and federal laws, regulations and mandates? If customer records, financial data, and intellectual property were stolen, could you quickly and accurately determine what was lost? What if you had to take a system offline to conduct a forensic or legal investigation?
Yes, security costs money. However, a well positioned security plan can avoid not only the direct costs of clean up, but also the indirect costs such as downtime, lost productivity and, most devastating, loss of reputation and confidence in your organization.
Our Risk Assessment Group
- Provides companies a way to confidentially measure their current risk exposure. SMLR Group is a dedicated team of professionals and partners with leading risk management services.
- Is an experienced team of cyber security professionals that helps businesses successfully measure its current risk exposures while remaining compliant with privacy laws.
- Offers companies and professional organizations a reliable way to measure current risk exposure while maintaining compliance with state and federal law.
- Is a dedicated team of cyber security experts specializing in pre-breach and post-breach remediation, risk management services and risk elimination products.
- Will work with you to develop and implement acceptable use policies, then provide state-of-the-art monitoring and forensic tools to police and enforce those policies.
Our Risk Assessment Program Quotient
Are you confident that your networks are not currently compromised from a Cyber-Security attack? What would a serious cyber incident cost your organization? How would you respond to your clients or customers? Click the link below to get more information on our Risk Assessment program. Fill out the form at the bottom of the page to schedule a free consultation to discuss your companies particular situation and how we can tailor our assessment program to it. SMLR-Risk Assessment
The federal “Red Flag Act,” signed into law in December 2010, and the Massachusetts Privacy Law (Mass. General Law Ch. 93), is a wake-up call for businesses nationally. Businesses are now required by law to develop a Written Information Security Program (WISP). The purpose of this legislation is to require companies to maintain a documented plan of action to protect against data breaches and also to have a plan of action after a breach has occurred. Strict regulations are in place for those who do not comply, and failure to do so will result in expensive fines. WISP plans must include administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are designed to meet the requirements of the regulations. The plan must reflect a risk-based approach that is: appropriate to the size, scope and type of business handling the information, the amount of resources available to the business; the amount of stored data and the need for security and confidentiality of both consumer and employees’ information. SMLR Group, Inc. specialize in creating WISP plans and include the essential, required content that meets the standards of state and city compliance guidelines. WISP plans are not “one-size-fits-all,” which is why we will strategize with you and build the most comprehensive program that best reflects your company and its needs. Our mission is to make sure every company is compliant with federal guidelines. We have the experience and professional background to assist your business succeed and appease the regulators. [contact-form subject=’Cybersecurity Page Inquiry’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Company’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’How Can We Help?’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]